The Team Staff OBS Unit is not cleared from the database when OBS Unit is deleted from the Admin Tool. This can cause portlets to return unexpected results when filtering for a Resource OBS. This affects the results on portlets that use the Resource OBS filter. The Resource OBS filter first looks to see if the resource has a Staff OBS, if not, then it goes to look at the Resource OBS. Since the database still shows a Staff OBS for the team records of some of these resources, the portlet filtered results are not accurate. Example is the Capacity Overview Portlet.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create a new OBS, TestOBS, and associated it with the Resource Object.
- Create 2 units on the OBS, Unit1 and Unit2.
- Create a new project and add a team member on the Team tab.
- Add a Staff OBS unit on this team record, add 'Unit2' created earlier.
- Query the prteam table for this project to find the Staff OBS Unit internal ID (For this team member, RSF_OBSUNIT_ID=5022007).
- Navigate back to Administration, OBS, Test OBS, Units Tab, here select 'Unit2' and delete.
- This automatically clears the Staff OBS Unit on the team member properties page in the UI. The Staff OBS Unit now shows as blank.
- Check the PRTEAM table again for this team record
Expected Result:The RSF_OBS_UNIT_ID field be (null)
Actual Result: The RSF_OBS_UNIT_ID field still has the same OBS unit ID as before (RSF_OBSUNIT_ID still is 5022007)
Applies to all supported PAS environments for specified releases.
Caused by CLRT-75934
Resolved in CA PPM 14.2 Generic Patch
Resolved in CA PPM 14.3
Fix: When an OBS Unit is deleted, it will now remove the Team Staff OBS Unit reference and the Investment Default Staff OBS Unit.
Workaround: If you encounter this issue in a release where this is not fixed, Contact CA Technical Support for analysis and possible workaround.
Reference TEC1398937 : PPM 14.2 Generic Patch available to resolve reported issues
Reference CA PPM Resolved Defects Index for CA PPM 14.3