There are several possible causes of this error message.
1. If you do not already have Test Data Manager 3.5 or higher already installed, then you will not be able to complete an installation of the TDM Portal. The TDM Web Portal is tied to the Datamaker repository, so you must first install all the other TDM components, and then you can install the Web Portal.
2. If you changed the installation file path, then you may receive this error message. You will not be allowed to change the install path during a first time installation of TDM. If the product is not installed using the default installation paths tied to the C drive, you will experience various issues when installing. After the installation is complete, you will be able to change the product location.
3. If you received your TDM download package from a location other than the CA Support Online Downloads site, you may have a corrupted or damaged Windows Installer package (.msi) file. It is recommend that each user download the product from CA Support Online and not share installation packages with other users.
4. If you have another type of installation occurring at the same time as TDM, for example another program or product, then you may receive this error message. Other installations can cause interference and can cause the TDM installation to fail.
5. If you do not have a 64-bit operating system, you will not be able to install the TDM Web Portal. You will not be able to install the portal on a 32-bit machine. If you do not have the required system environment, it could cause the installation to fail. Here is some documentation on TDM system requirements: https://docops.ca.com/ca-test-data-manager/4-0/en/installing/install-ca-test-data-manager/system-requirements
6. If you did not follow all the TDM and Portal installation instructions in the documentation, your installation may fail. Here is some documentation on installing.
- Installing TDM: https://docops.ca.com/ca-test-data-manager/4-0/en/installing/install-ca-test-data-manager
- Installing TDM Portal: https://docops.ca.com/ca-test-data-manager/4-0/en/installing/install-ca-test-data-manager/install-the-ca-tdm-portal