1. Navigate to C:\Program Files\CA\CA Test Data Manager Portal\conf to find logback-tdm.xml file.
2. Open this file in notepad++ or Wordpad or any editor of your choice. (You may need to copy this file to another location to make any changes and replace it back in the original location once the file is edited)
3. The logger tag which can be found at the bottom of the file needs to be uncommented . Make sure name = "com.ca.tdm" and the level = "DEBUG".
Once edited it should look like:
<logger name="com.ca.tdm" level="DEBUG" />.
Make sure to save the changes to the file.
4. Stop the "CA Test Data Manager Portal" service.
5. Delete all log files under C:\ProgramData\CA\CA Test Data Manager Portal\logs or move them to another directory if they are needed so we'll get a clean set of logs only related to the test.
6. Start the "CA Test Data Manager Portal" service.and once all sub-processes have been started (TDMWeb is usually the last one to start and you can check it in the mentioned logs directory), please check the logs show DEBUG information.
7. Reproduce the problem.
8. Navigate to C:\ProgramData\CA\CA Test Data Manager Portal\logs and send all the files in that folder to CA Support for debugging purposes.