The 'Open for Time Entry' field is editable when added to the gantt even though the field was not set to be editable on the gantt list view on the task object.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Go to Administration - Views
2. Filter for the view: Gantt::projmgr.wbsTaskList
3. Select only this view and click on Restore Defaults
4. Under Studio, go to the Objects list and open the Task object
5. On the task object, go to the Views tab and select proper partition
6. click on the Layout link on the row for the Gantt list view to make sure that the 'Open for Time Entry' field is not on the layout
7. Go back to the list view and click on Fields link on the same row for the Gantt list view
8. Select ALL under the Display dropdown, click on Go
9. Find 'Open for Time Entry' and click on the Properties' icon
10. At the bottom of field properties page, uncheck the "Allow Editing" check box, if not already unchecked
11. Go back to a project list and open a project in this same partition
12. Open the PPM gantt
13. Go to Options - Configure - General Tab, click on Restore Defaults (and Yes) in case the user's view had been previously personolized
14. Go to the List Column Section tab - Fields, Display All and click Go, Ensure that 'Open for Time Entry' is still disabled for editing
15. Without making any changes, then go to the List column section tab - Layout, and add the 'Open for Time Entry' field
Actual Resutls: The attribute is still editable with 'Yes' and 'No' values to select
Expected Results: Open For Time Entry NOT editable via inline editing
Note: This issue may also be reproducible right after an upgrade without needing to Restore Defaults on the view under Administraton - Views as in the first 3 steps in the steps to reproduce.
Our engineering team has determined that DE41697 is a defect that will not be fixed a this time. Please continue using the following workaround:
Go to the Task object - Views tab, click on the Fields link for the Gantt list view, check 'Allow Editing' and Save, then uncheck 'Allow Editing' and Save and Return. The users will then need to either click on Restore Defaults on their own Gantt view, or the Gantt list view will need to be republished by the PPM Administrator.