Task finish dates are moving to an earlier date when the post timesheet job runs if the task is a fixed duration task and the task has assignments that finish on a date earlier than the task finish date. The impacted task does not necessarily has to be on the timesheet that is posted.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a project
2. Staff a resource to the project team
3. Create two tasks
- Task T1 is a Fixed Duration task with dates between 3/12/2018 - 3/30/2018
- Task T2 is a Fixed Duration task with dates between 6/1/2018 - 6/15/2018
4. Assign the resource to both tasks.
- Assign the resource to T1 with dates between 3/12 - 3/26
- Assign the resource to T2 with dates between 6/1 - 6/8
5. Post a timesheet for the resource for the week of 3/12 - 3/18 and only include T1 on the timesheet
Expected Results: The finish date for Task T2 remains the same as before at 6/15.
Actual Results: The finish date for Task T2 has moved to an earlier date of 6/8.
CA PPM 14.2-15.4.0
Caused by DE39860
This has been resolved in our upcoming 15.4.1 release.
Since the new task finish date will be the latest assignment finish date, the workaround would be to make the latest assignment finish date match the original task finish date. This task's finish date would then not move when posting timesheets.