There is an LPAR which has very few resources. The ZFS can fill up quickly. Stopping and starting the ZMSSTART and ZDMVPROC tasks will not get data flowing again. The ZFS has no more room on the volume to expand. What commands can help to get the data flowing again?
The zFS on which /apps/ccs/ccsuss/cfgb/instance/messageService/ resides is too small.
We recommend 20GB for the zFS but due to size constraints, some shops have test environments running with less. However, the Message Service runs into many stability and data flow issues if the size of the zFS is below about 400MB.
If your zFS is below 400MB then the data flow problems will eventually come back, even if you wipe out the internal databases
Quickest solution to your insufficient Message Service space issue:
1) Stop your Message Service started task in SYSVIEW on the LPAR experiencing the issue..
2) Get into OMVS:
3) The file path below to cd to is based on your install path for the /cfqb/instance/messaageService directory which was established when your Message Service software was installed.. We have included one of our paths for a model. Once you are at this directory, perform the rm commands below in order to clear out old data and logs:
rm -rf logs/*
rm -rf brokerData/*
rm -rf pipe/*
rm -rf dataObjects.pipe
4) Once the rm commands are successful, leave OMVS and then go into SYSVIEW and start your Message Server started task.again
5) After 10 minutes or less, you should be able to look at the output of the ZDMVPROC started task and see your started task start displaying messages similar to the one below showing that metrics are being added.
ZDMV2027I Consumer data selection criteria added
Job ID: STC17999
Path Name: zdmRegisterPath
Select Name: ZDMSEL00000180
6) In another 5 to 10 minutes, you should be able to see your metrics on your MOI UI.