What do we need to configure to have a correct VANTAGE- SYSVIEW Interface?
You do not need to override the default out-of-the-box configuration of the CA SYSVIEW GMI parameters. You only need to configure the CA GMI PROC.
Perform the following steps for each CA Vantage SRM z/OS host where CA SYSVIEW objects are to be available.
To configure CA GMI PROC
- Concatenate the CA SYSVIEW GMI PARMDLIB, hlq.CNM4GPRM, to the PARMS DD statement.
The distributed library contains the following members:
Contains the CA SYSVIEW parameter definitions and default settings located in the distributed GMI PARMLIB member.
You can override these default settings in member VKGPARMS in the users parmlib.
Contains the parameters used by the Host Configuration Client (HCC).
Contains the CA SYSVIEW Object Tree.
- Concatenate the CA SYSVIEW load library, hlq.CNM4GBLOD, to the CA GMI PROC's STEPLIB DD.
- Configure the Help by concatenating the CA SYSVIEW SMP/E library hlq.CNM4GHLP to the HELP DD in the GMI PROC.
The CA SYSVIEW Object help will be available through CA GMI.
- Configure the Messages by concatenating the CA SYSVIEW SMP/E library hlq.CNM4GMSG to the MSGLIB DD in the GMI PROC.
The CA SYSVIEW messages will be available through CA GMI.
To configure CA GMI parameters
- Modify the member CONFIG in the users parmlib to support the CA SYSVIEW component by adding or uncommenting the following statement:
- If the Vantage/GMI parameter SECURSCR is set to Y, modify the CA SYSVIEW GMI security parameter SVEXTSEC and define an appropriate SAF security rule to authorize GMI to alter security context for scripts.
For more information, see the topic Distributed Configuration Parameters (see page 80).
Your CA SYSVIEW GMI environment has been configured. You will see component start up messages similar to the following:
SYV0001I Component SYSVIEW Release and Build initialization started
SYV0011I Component token 2F770F78.00000000.00000000.00000000
SYV0016I Default SYSVIEW cross-system external server found.
System ccisys Jobname sysvuser
SYV0027I xxx objects defined for SYSVIEW build xxxx
SYV0002I Component SYSVIEW initialization completed
Note: If message SYV0027I is not issued, no CA SYSVIEW objects will appear in the object tree. Check that the CA SYSVIEW user interface address space has started. Look for message SYV0017E indicating that the user address space was not found:
SYV0017E Default SYSVIEW cross-system external server not found.System ccisys Jobname sysvuser
After the CA SYSVIEW user address space and the XSystem eXternal session Server task (XSXS) is running, the SYSVIEW component task will discover it on the next interval and build the CA SYSVIEW objects and issue message SYV0027I.