Schedule the Purge of Events
A predefined task of Sysload Monitor allows to automatically purge old events.
To configure the "Automatic Event Purge" task:
- Click Administration>Administrative Tasks>Configure SPM Engine Tasks menu
The "Automatic Event Purge" task is displayed within the "Event Management" section.
By default the task is launched every hour and keeps the data of the last 10 days. This can be modified here.
Manually Purge Events
To manually purge events:
- Click Administration>Administrative Tasks>Purge Events menu
The "Purge Events" panel displays, from this panel it is possible to:
- Purge all events stored in the database.
- Purge all events stored in the database and older than a certain date or a certain amount of days.
- Purge only the acknowledged events stored in the database and older than a certain date or a certain amount of days.
- Purge the new events table (events that are still waiting to be processed by reaction filters)
It might be useful to purge the events when the Sysload Monitor engine is saturated (for instance if the engine is restarted after a long stop and this table contains many elements).