- SysEDGE on multiple servers stopped working suddenly, and are not responding to SNMP requests.
- Restarting SystemEDGE the agent hangs and is not initializing properly.
add_monitor_entry(): Self monitor index 1000005 configured with variable OID 126.96.36.199.4.1.5188.8.131.52.4.1 which is not yet available.
- SystemEDGE agents run independently.
- If multiple SystemEDGE agents are impacted simultaneously the problem is cause by an environmental issue.
- After restarting the SystemEDGE agent the last entry in the sysedge.log is:
diskStatsUtilization -> diskStatsEntry.4 (184.108.40.206.4.1.5220.127.116.11.4)
- OID 18.104.22.168.4.1.522.214.171.124.4.1
Type: INTEGER Access: read-only
The utilization rate (percentage utilization) for this disk over the last measurement period. This could also be expressed as (disk busy time / elapsed time) * 100.
- Disabling SystemEDGE Disk Based polling within the sysedge.cf file allows SystemEDGE to fully initialize:
- Running df -h command also hangs.
- A non responsive File System\Disk Array Issue is causing SytemEDGE to become unresponsive.
- SystemEDGE is a single threaded application and something like a hung\stale NFS mount can cause a "blocking call".
How to verify SysEDGE is working correctly