Instructions on how to suppress and/or to change the severity level of CA JCLCheck error messages.
There are several methods for tailoring JCLCheck error messages.
- User Exit CAZ1XERR. This exit is written in Assembler and the sample source code is in the JCLCheck PPOPTION data set. To install this user exit, apply usermod MZ1nn30 (nn is the JCLCheck version number). To activate the exit at runtime, use option DYN(XERR).
- Runtime option UTLSEV. This option downgrades messages CAY6060 through CAY6085 to warnings (sev=4) when issued for control statements from IBM utility such as IDCAMS.
- JCLMSG from the JCLCheck PPOPTION data set. To modify JCLMSG, apply usermod MZ2nn23 from the SAMPJCL data set as follows:
- Browse JCLMSG and locate the message.
- Copy and paste the 80-byte message record into the usermod between the ./ CHANGE and ./ ENDUP statements. Make sure that that sequence number in columns 73-80 are not changed.
- To suppress the message, use the following syntax:
#nnn $DMSG 'message text',SEV=SUPPRESS
- To change the severity level of a message, use the following syntax:
#nnn $DMSG 'message text',SEV=nn
The severity value must range between 0 and 15. All JCLCheck messages have severities of 0, 4, 8, or 12.
- 0-3 Informational
- 4-7 Warning
- 8-11 Error
- 12-15 Serious error
- Submit usermod MZ2nn23