A Summary Task's % Complete is not updating based on it's child task even though the % Complete Calculation Method is set to 'Effort' for the project and the 'Update % Complete' job has been run.
Scenario: The system is set to automatically calculate task completion status on effort basis. When a task has sub-tasks which have effort booked against them, the task completion status of the sub-task as well as the task are calculated correctly. When a task has only a milestone as sub-tasks and the % completion status of the milestone is changed manually (as no efforts can be booked on a milestone) this is not reflected in the task. E.g. the nested milestone is set to 100%, but the next-level task still shows 0% completion.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create a project and set the % completion method as "effort".
- Create one Key Task and one Milestone task under that project.
- Open the project in the PPM Gantt view and indent the Milestone task under the Key task.
- Now the key task is the parent and the Milestone is the child.
- Since it is a Milestone, the % complete can be set as 100 manually.
- Do the same and save the change.
The % complete for the parent Key Task shows as 100.
The % complete for the parent Key Task remains 0.
Applies to all supported PAS environments for specified releases.
CLRT-76454 has been raised and was determined to not be a bug. The summary task does not pull % Complete from any of it's child tasks that are milestones. Tasks that are milestones cannot have work, so the parent summary task's % Complete does not update based on the child tasks.
Reference Set Up a Project for information on the different types of % Calculation Methods available in PPM