Sub accounts are not allowed to create monitors directly due to the subscription type that they are. Only the master account can do this. The only way a sub account can create monitors is to login as the master account.
Also, please ensure that your sub account has login access to the master account. This must be manually added.
To achieve this, Subaccounts need to be given the "Login As" permission so they may act as the primary account. To add "Login As" permission to a subaccount:
- Log in as the primary account
- As a prerequisite, make sure that the user account you wish to grant login access, exists in "Share Access" --> "Manage Accounts" screen
- On the left menu, click on "Share Access" --> "Share access to log and graphs"
- In the section at the middle of the page, labelled "Enter the e-mail address of another CA App Synthetic Monitor account, who is allowed to see your logs and graphs:", click the "Grant login access" button for any accounts that you would like to enable to impersonate the primary account. For those that already have the login access, you can remove that login access as well.
Once the privilege is given to a subaccount, the next time that subaccount logs in, they will see a link in the lower left-hand corner of the home page, which will allow them to login as the primary account without needing the primary account's password. Once logged in to that account, they can perform all actions that the primary account can. To log out of the primary account (without logging out of their own account), the subaccount's owner can:
- Click the "(Sign Out)" link at the top of the page, near the center.
- Once clicked, the page will refresh, and their own account details will be present.
- To then log out of their own account, they would click the "(Sign Out)" link at the top of the page, near the center again.