Saving a user-defined action on the Actions Menu for an object list can cause a loss of other stock, out-of-the-box (OOTB) actions.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Identify a project that already has a cost plan created, click on Actions Menu in upper right side of view and see that various action links such as 'Set as Plan of Record' are available
- Navigate to Administration, Studio: Objects, Cost Plan
- Links Tab, Click 'New' button to create a new link "My Link" and point to any existing portlet page link
Click 'Save and Return' button
- Actions Tab, Click 'New' button to create a new action "My Action" using Internal Link and point "My Link"
- Views Tab, Cost Plan List, Actions Menu, General
Notice only one action "Copy Cost Plan" is shown as "Selected Actions"
Move "My Action" into the Selected Actions, click 'Save and Return' button
- Open the same project that was checked before taking these steps, go to the Financial Plans tab, click on the Actions drop down
Expected Result: "My Action" is shown with all previously seen actions
Actual Result: Only two actions are now shown: Copy Cost Plan and My Action. Other actions such as "Set as Plan of Record" are now gone
Step 1: Administration menu, Views, select only Cost Plan List::revmgr.costplanList and Restore defaults
Step 2: Administration menu, Studio: Objects, Cost Plan, View: Cost Plan List, Actions Menu, New, create a new action menu, add the custom action here, Save and Return.
The custom action will now shown under the new actions menu section, all existing actions under the General section are preserved.
Our sustaining team reviewed CLRT-72389 and closed it as they are not planning to make any changes to this area of the product.
For more details please review the Customer Reported Defect Resolution Policy for Clarity