We are migrating to a new database location for better system performance.
Can you please let us know how we can configure the existing Autosys locationto be mapped to this new database. Request your inputs to proceed.
Here are different steps to change your database location :
- If the tns alias name is not changing, the $TNS_ADMIN/tnsnames.ora file will need to reflect the new hostname or IP address where the database is located.
- If the tns alias name is changing, the $AUTOUSER/config.$AUTOSERV file needs to be modified. You need to change the EventServer entry.
Then the $TNS_ADMIN/tnsnames.ora file will need to reflect the new hostname or IP address where the database is located and new tns alias name.
- Migrate the data by using Oracle import/export facility for Oracle.
- The Autosys client and/or agents will not need any modifications because those components don't access the database directly
- Check the sqlnet.ora to make sure it is properly set and also ensure the service_name matches with what the DB Server is listening to.
Run command " lsnrctl status " on the DB server and compare the output.
- And finally make sure that the Unix/Linux rights of the TNS_ADMIN path and files tnsnames.ora and sqlnet.ora allow this to be read by everyone