The procedure to upgrade to Datacom/AD 14.0 is called the migrate/porting process.
You can upgrade directly from Datacom/AD 10.0/11.0/12.0 to Datacom/AD 14.0.
The procedure to upgrade to Datacom/AD 14.0 involves installing the software using SMP/E, then running the jobs to create a new Datacom/AD 14.0 MUF. After this you port the CA using product database definitions and link the existing database files to the new 14.0 MUF. For 12.0 you need to run job AXPOR01, for 10.0/11.0 run job AXPOR02.
Below is a summary of jobs you need to run to install the new 14.0 MUF and do the upgrade. Steps 1 - 5 can be run while the current Datacom/AD MUF and CA using products are running.
- Install the Datacom/AD 14.0 Software. You do this by running these SAMPJCL jobs:
- Install all the required PTFs mentioned in the README PTF RI40868. Some deliver updated CAAXSAMP members. Currently these are:
PTF Prod. Rel. Sol. Description
RO53997 AD 14.0 7 MSM INSTALL DOES NOT ALLOW MODIFICATION OF MUF STARTUP PARMS
RO44202 DB 14.0 147 USERS ARE NOT ABLE TO UPDATE THE SYSPLEX NAME IN THE CXX
RO44743 DD 14.0 36 DDPBST0001 SEMANTIC TYPE ERROR ON FIELD ADD/BTG
RO61813 AD 14.0 11 DELIVER NEW AND UPDATED CAAXSAMP JCL MEMBERS
RO63245 AD 14.0 15 CAAXSAMP AXRIM01 AND AXPOR02 JCL MEMBERS MINOR ERRORS
- Run CAAXSAMP member AXCUS00 to create a new INSTJCL dataset.
- Create a new 14.0 Datacom/AD MUF for the CA using product by running these jobs from the INSTJCL dataset:
You will need to run these jobs to create a new Datacom/AD MUF for each CA product using Datacom/AD.
Note: Job AXRIM01 installs the PC Call routines so after you run it you need to update your system CAS9 procedure which runs at IPL time with the input statements from AXRIM01 so the PC call routines get installed after every IPL.
- Run the verification job AXIVP01
- Stop the CA using product but keep the previous release MUF active.
- Migrate the using product database definition and link the existing database files to the new 14.0 MUF by running job AXPOR01 for AD 12.0 or AXPOR02 for AD 10.0/11.0.
Note: AXPOR02 was first delivered in PTF RO61813.
This needs to be run for each CA using product that is being migrated to 14.0. Each CA product would be migrated to it's own separate MUF.
- Update your CA using product JCL and change the STEPLIB to point to the new Datacom/AD 14.0 CUSLIB and CAAXLOAD datasets and restart it.