Steps to follow before/after upgrading SiteMinder Manager for Policy Server or Web Agent. (for Windows)
- extension of http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec534108.aspx which is for Linux-only
After a SM Policy Server upgrade from Version 12.51 CR1 to 12.51.CR6, APM (Wily) stopped showing the SiteMinder folder in SiteMinderReporter Metric Browser:
Is there a way to fix this? Are there proper steps to follow to prevent this problem?
This problem occurs because the IntroscopeNativeDataAPI.dll file will be overwritten when the Web Server Agent or Policy Server is upgraded. To fix the problem, copy the correct version of IntroscopeNativeDataAPI.dll file from <WA_Home>/bin to <PS_Home>/lib. If this doesn't help somehow, then reinstall APM SiteMinder Manager on top of what is already installed. This corrects any other environmental problems (if any). For any future upgrade, follow the steps below to properly upgrade SiteMinder without affecting APM SiteMinder Manager:
1. Kill the "IntroscopeNativeDataReporter.exe" process through Windows Task Manager - this is an apm siteminder agent.
2. Upgrade the Siteminder Policy Server.
3. Remove IntroscopeAPI.shm file under SiteMinderManagerAgent/data.
4. Verify that EventIntroscopeprovider.dll file is still configured through the advanced tab of smconsole (SiteMinder Policy Server Management Console).
5. Restart the agent by executing StartAgent.bat file using the 'at' command - so it runs under SYSTEM account, rather than the current user.
C:\>at 13:00 "C:\CAWily\CAWilySiteMinderManager\SiteMinderManagerAgent\StartAgent.bat"
would schedule a Windows task at 1 pm to start the agent. Just schedule it a minute after the current time so it starts immediately. For additional 'at' command syntax, please refer to "at/?" at windows command prompt or read https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/31356.