This article presents steps that can be used to reduce the size of a CA View database, as well as moving it to a new DASD volume.
The following steps can be used to reduce the size of a View database, and to move it to another volume:
1. Allocate new, resized CA-View databases.
Make sure the first Index extent is on a separate DASD volume, from the first Data extent.
2. The day of change, bring down the CA-Deliver started tasks on all lpars (using "/F rmostc,OFF").
Any production jobs that would write out to CA-View would need to be post-processed after the change.
3. Take down all EAS tasks for CA-View, and VTAM tasks for CA-View and CA-Deliver.
4 . Run a final backup cycle for the CA-View databases.
Once complete, then bring down the CA-View started tasks.
5. Rename the current CA-View databases to ".OLD" version (to prevent access from TSO or batch).
6. Unload the current (.OLD) CA-View databases.
Ensure message of "SARDBA19 DATABASE SUCCESSFULLY UNLOADED"
7. Load the ".NEW" CA-View databases with the unload from step 6.
Ensure message of "SARDBA18 DATABASE SUCCESSFULLY LOADED"
Note: In place of steps 6 and 7, this could be accomplished running a SARDBASE COPY.
8. Verify the content of the ".NEW" CA-View databases (reports, users, index, banners, panels, etc).
9. Run SARDBASE SET STATS for the ".NEW" CA-View databases.
10. Run SARINIT on the ".OLD" and ".NEW" CA-View databases.
Compare Old and New and make sure the init parms match exactly (other than the Old and New database names).
11. Run SARDBASE Status on the ".OLD" and ".NEW" CA-View databases.
Make sure database version is the same (12.1).
12. Rename the ".NEW" CA-View databases to the current production names.
13. Start CA-Deliver and CA-View started tasks to resume report processing.
Start EAS and VTAM tasks. Make sure tasks are initialized to the proper release.
Verify functionality (archive reports, restore reports (batch and EAS), access from TSO, VTAM.
14. Perform post-processing of any production jobs in SDSF that were run while the CA-Deliver & CA-View started tasks were down.
15. Delete ".OLD" CA-View databases to free up DASD (perhaps this is done a few days/week later).