1. Run the "SQL Server Management Studio" from your MS SQL server
2. From your SQL Server Management Studio use your credentials "sa" to enter
3. Under the Security, you will have to create new Login user called "ppm_dwh", please verify that you change to the authentication to "SQL Server authentication".
4. To Create and Restore the Data Warehouse you will need to Right-click on the Databases and select "Restore Database..."
5 In the Destination Database field, type the following: niku
6 Under Source, locate the source y click the Browse button and choosing the file that came in the media DVD:\InstallMedia\clarityv14X\Database and Select mssql_base.db file.
7 Wait until the restore of the database, appears OK.
8. Under a New Query please enter and run:
ALTER DATABASE ppm_dwh SET ARITHABORT ON
ALTER DATABASE ppm_dwh SET ANSI_NULLS ON
ALTER DATABASE ppm_dwh SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON
ALTER DATABASE ppm_dwh SET READ_COMMITTED_SNAPSHOT ON
GRANT VIEW SERVER STATE TO ppm_dwh
SP_DEFAULTDB 'ppm_dwh', 'ppm_dwh'
ALTER USER ppm_dwh WITH LOGIN=ppm_dwh
EXEC SP_DBCMPTLEVEL niku, 110 (using MSSQL SERVER 2008: 100 or MSSQL SERVER 2012: 110)
SP_CONFIGURE 'REMOTE QUERY TIMEOUT', 0
RECONFIGURE WITH OVERRIDE
GRANT ALTER ANY LOGIN TO ppm_dwh
GRANT ALTER ANY LINKED SERVER TO ppm_dwh
Note: "MSSQL_SEVER_NAME" is the MS SQL server name, so you will have to change it the server name you have!!!
9. Under the Security - Login with the "ppm_dwh" user, in the properties change the Default database:
OK, procedure done.