If jobs are unable to run, the bg-ca.log file is showing stackoverflow errors like:
ERROR 2015-03-24 13:33:03,640 [Dispatch Thread-9491 : bg] niku.njs (none:none:none) Error rescheduling job: 5000204 java.lang.StackOverflowError
The problem might affect all jobs or specific jobs such as Post Timesheets.
Application job(s) no longer run and the following measures don't resolve the problem:
- Restarting services
- Deleting the job and recreating it
The memory allocated for Java VM Parameters in the CA PPM System Administration (CSA) application needs to be increased.
To increase the value:
- Check available physical memory for the CPU
- Determine the amount of memory currently being used for JVM by adding up all of the -Xmx settings for services on the system
- If other products use java virtual memory, allow memory for this as well
To update the CA PPM Sever JVM Settings:
- Login to CSA
- Click the name of your server
- Click 'Properties' tab
- Click 'Background' link
- Increase memory allocated in Java VM Parameters. e.g. if you have -Xmx512m, change to -Xmx1024m
- Click 'Save' button
- Restart all Clarity Services - Application and Background Services
Refer to the current installation documentation to ensure the correct JVM Parameters are used based on your implementation requirements.