The following is an explanation around the usage of the Spectrum Report Manager (SRM) data retention policy and data retention period which is set via the OneClick (OC) web user interface / Administration / Report Manager / Preferences.
Further information around this can also be found in the SRM Installation and Administration guide under section "Configure Data Retention".
- The data retention policy can override the data retention period.
- If the data retention policy is set to all data this means that no data is purged or archived, everything is kept and the retention periods set are not in force.
- In order for the retention periods for the transformed and event tables to be applied you need to set to purge or archive.
- Purging retains data in the transformed and event tables up to the number of days specified then deletes older records.
- Archive keeps data up to the retention period but then archives data older than that- However Spectrum SRM cannot use this archived data.
- It should be considered that certain reports are generated using transformed tables or the event table.
- This means that for example a report such as an alarm report that pulls data from the transformed tables will only be able to be run a report for the number of days set in the retention period specified for the transformed tables.
- Similarly a report that pulls data from the event table will only be able to be run a report for the number of days set in the retention period specified for the event table.
- If you change the retention policy to either purge or archive you need to restart the OC / SRM tomcat process.
- The purging process starts at midnight.
- The archiving process starts at 00:30
NOTE: There is a limit of 1.4 million records returned in SRM reports.