This error has typically been seen after installing a Debug or PTF patch without first stopping all the Spectrum processes, such as SpectroSERVER, Archive Manager, processd, etc.
To resolve this issue:
1. Stop all Spectrum processes, including processd.
2. Go to the directory were the Debug or PTF patch install was run. There you should find an uninstall executable (Windows), or uninstall script (Solaris/Linux).
3. As root or sudo root privileges (Solaris/Linux), or as an Administrator (Windows), run the patch uninstall. This will replace the updated files with copies of the original files before the patch was applied.
4. As root or sudo root privileges (Solaris/Linux), or as an Administrator (Windows), re-install the Debug or PTF patch.
5. Restart processd
6. Restart the SpectroSERVER.