Shutdown all the Spectrum programs and run the netstat command as follows to find the program/application that is using port 48879.
1. Log into or su to the root user
2. Enter the following command:
netstat -anp | grep 48879
3. The output will look similar to the following where 54349 is the process ID and SomeProgram is the process name:
tcp 0 0 188.8.131.52:48879 184.108.40.206:45155 ESTABLISHED 54349/SomeProgram
1. Log into the system as the user that owns the Spectrum installation
2. Start a bash shell by running "bash -login"
3. Enter the following command:
netstat -ano | grep 48879
4. The output will look similar to the following where 1396 is the process ID
TCP 220.127.116.11:1643 18.104.22.168:48879 ESTABLISHED 1396
Once the program/application has been identified, shutdown/restart the program/application. Rerun the same netstat command to verify port 48879 is not being used. Then start the SpectroSERVER as normal.