If you receive this error message when trying to sign on using a segmented* key, here are the steps necessary to resolve the problem:
- Apply special APAR GS76262. This will need to be reapplied every time you upgrade Roscoe.
- Make sure ACFEXT=YES is in the Roscoe startup parms. This specifies use external security for signon. Your security package will control the signon.
- Remove the ACFEXIT from the Roscoe loadlib by removing or renaming.
- Recycle Roscoe
- After applying this apar
- If the signon key is greater than 8 characters, the first 8 characters are used for the userid.
- If a period ('.') is found within the first 8 characters of the signon key, the next 8 characters after the period will be used as the userid.
For example, if the userid is roscoe.control, control will be used as the userid for the Racinit call.
- Make sure security definitions are in place for these userids.
*Segmented signon keys are keys that are greater than 8 characters in length and contain a period ('.'). For example, roscoe.control is a segmented userid.