U0913 Abend For pre r11 3 Systems of CA Workload Automation EE - Reasons and Solutions.
Before r11.3, the license keys for CA Workload Automation EE (formerly ESP) are dependent on the last 4 digits of CPU serial number, and if they are changed, then the license keys will become invalid and CA WA EE system will abend with U0913.
This can happen when:
- Start CA WA EE system on DR side where the CPU serial number is different;
- Upgrade CPU and then use a different CPU serial number.
- After applying maintenance and copy over to another prefix.SSCPLINK library, the license key modules are overwritten;
And of course, if the license keys expire, U0913 abend will occur. ESP911W message will show in JESMSGLG of CA WA EE STC and users who access the system from 5 days before expiration.
Note: If the system is not recycled, it will keep running even the license keys expire; however users can't logon (from ISPF or GUI). Therefore after applying new keys, there is no need to recycle the system.
The best way to get new license keys is:
- Open a license issue from support online:
- Logon to support online
- Click "Licensing", and then "Open an issue for CA Licensing " under "Support Requests" on the right of the screen.
The issue will go to license team and they will create the new license keys with provided last 4 digits of CPU serial number. Note: You can provide more than one CPU serial numbers, so that the same set of keys can be used on all systems.
- Download the generic temporary license keys from support online:
Note: Generic keys can be used on any CPU, and normally it will be good for 30 days or more.
- Logon to support online;
- Click "Download Centre" with option "Products";
- Choose Product name as "CA Workload Automation EE " with proper version and service pack or Aggregate maintenance level;
- Click "Go" button;
- Click "Download" for "ESP WORKLOAD AUTOMATION LIC KE" on next screen;
- Click the related link in the downloaded file;
- Click "Keys.doc" in next screen, which contains the generic keys.
- If support online is not available, call CA call centre or ESP helpline to open an issue.
Sample JCL to zap the license keys
//ZAPKEY JOB //STEP1 EXEC PGM=AMASPZAP //SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=X //SYSLIB DD DISP=SHR,DSN=ESP.SSCPLINK //SYSIN DD * NAME CYBESDDB CYBESDDB REP 0200 92E08B1B,F0A3B21D,33180651,40F54631 REP 0210 7ECFC734 NAME CYBRMDDB CYBRMDDB REP 0200 2BB06205,DE6CDC1E,810A189E,1BF9D369 REP 0210 A7E68E7D NAME CYBHPDDB CYBHPDDB REP 0200 42A4FA59,CDAF7846,921B3E5D,90B4A775 REP 0210 28BD4D28 NAME CYBHADDB CYBHADDB REP 0200 73A4DD69,C8AF625C,B52B3E5D,90B4A775 REP 0210 28BD7002 /*Common reasons to have U0913 after applied the proper keys