We have snmptd probe version 3.25 installed on a hub.
The probe is currently receiving V1 traps from various hosts.
However a customer has asked us to increase the security of snmp traps by utilizing V3 traps instead of V1.
We implemented this on a Brocade switch, however the probe will not capture the new V3 traps.
We have tried various combinations of the settings in the probe but none of them work. We have also tried different user names and engine IDs.
We see the following in the snmptd.log
\par Apr 5 15:01:21:748  snmptd: \'80\'b9\'a5\'03: line 0: Error: invalid EngineID argument to -e
\par Apr 5 15:01:22:457  snmptd: getting user snmpuser1
\par : line 0: Error: Unknown authentication protocol