We have an issue where the sla_engine probe is not starting after the upgrade from 8.5.1 to 9.0.1.
The probe is in an Error state post upgrade.
Below steps are performed to try and resolve the issue that did not help:
1) Restarted the Nimsoft service
2) Restarted the Server
3) Probe version was 9.0 post upgrade i deployed 9.01
4) Probe log level set to "5" But none of the above steps helped to resolve the issue and the logs as well are not clear.
Below are the steps taken to resolve this issue.
1) check your archive on the primary and make sure you have an SLM-SLA license installed and the expiration date is not past. If it is not there or is expired please update with a new license.. If you do not have one let me know and I will get you a temporary one.
2) set the distsrv loglevel to 3 and logsize to 35000
3) deactivate the distsrv and activate it
4) deactivate the sla_engine
5) go to the file system and rename the folder
6) set the controller loglevel to 3 and logsize to 5000
7) make sure antivirus is disabled
8) deploy a new sla_engine probe to the primary
9) use raw config and set the loglevel to 5 and logsize to 35000
10) activate the probe.