The silent install of the CA WAAE client provides us with a way to install only 1 client.
The subsequent install needs to be done from the DVD in an interactive mode.
This document provides a workaround to do multiple installs silently.
Workload Automation 11.3.5/ 11.3.6 Client on Linux or Unix platforms
Steps to do the multiple Silent Client Installations
We are installing Two instances which are using different ports so that we also cover the multiple SSA configuration.
This needs to be done in two steps.
- Installing clients on a Machine interactively
- Do a combination of silent install and copy of folders to the other Machines if this configuration has also to be done on multiple machines
In Machine #1 I would like to get two CA-WAAE clients running with:
Instance ACE using SSA port 9000
Instance ROS using SSA port 9008
Do a silent install of the CA WAAE client for instance ACE with these steps:
Create a response file
./wa_setup.sh -a response_file
Then run the silent install as follows
./wa_setup.sh -s -r response_file
This creates the $AUTOSYS and $AUTOUSER directories for the ACE instance.
The ACE instance is now up and running.
Copy the following files/folders to their corresponding folders
- copy autouser.ACE to autouser.ROS folder
- update configuration file ../autouser.ROS/config.ROS with same settings as their scheduler (ROS instance)
- copy /etc/auto.ACE to /etc/auto.ROS
- copy /opt/CA/SharedComponents/Csam/SockAdapter/cfg/APPF-GLOBAL-9000 to /opt/CA/SharedComponents/Csam/SockAdapter/cfg/APPF-GLOBAL-9008
Restart SSA with below steps
Now the second client is installed.
If you hit any problems you need to make sure that SSL and PMUX options are set the same way on both instances (ACE instance on the client machine with ACE instance on the scheduler/application server and same for the ROS instance with its corresponding ROS scheduler)
Commands to display the settings are:
$CSAM_SOCKADAPTER/bin/csamconfigedit port=9000 display
$CSAM_SOCKADAPTER/bin/csamconfigedit port=9008 display
$CSAM_SOCKADAPTER/bin/csamconfigedit portrange=49152-50176 display
Command to change for instance SSL to true on port 9000 is:
$CSAM_SOCKADAPTER/bin/csamconfigedit port=9000 EnableSSL=True
To enable pmux:
$CSAM_SOCKADAPTER/bin/csamconfigedit port=9000 EnablePmux=True
Same commands apply to portrange
Then you are ready to run same steps on your second machine (machine #2) if required.