How to monitor the temperature of a Cisco Router/switch, using CA Spectrum Watch.
When device Temperature goes up customer wants to set up alarms to be trigger base on the temp % range.
1. Locate the CiscoEnvMonApp on locater application model by name
2. Make sure is attached or Mapped into the device where you want to set up the watch ( this means is Supported)
3. Click on Information ( on the same Model)
4. Expand Threshold and Watches
5. Click the Glasses + Create a new Watch
6. Give a Name to the Watch
7. On the Expression you can look for the attribute:
You can select an Instance for All or Range
8. On the Properties Select evaluate by Polling ( this will evaluate next 300 sec)
9. Select Threshold there you will need to configure the values you want the watch to alert you on event or alarm form Example:
Threshold violated if value >= 71 .
Threshold reset if value < 59 .
Select what do you want to trigger Alarm/Events
10. Select Ok and Activate.