How To Up Email Notifications on RAID Controllers for Gigastor
- Launch the Areca HTTP Proxy Server GUI from the Windows Start Menu
This will launch an application which will go to the SysTray of the Taskbar.:
- Double Click on this icon. This will launch the GUI itself.
- Click on Controller #01 (PCI) and then click on the Start button.
- This will bring up the following login screen. By default the login information is:
- Once you enter the main HTTP GUI screen you will need to select System Controls menu and then the Alert By Mail Config:
- On the right side is the setup information for the Email setup.
- SMTP Server IP Address: Enter the IP Address for your companies SMTP server.
- Sender Name: Type in a name that the email will say it came from
- Mail Address: Type in the address that the email will come from.
- Account: Provide an account to log into the SMTP server (usually this is the email address minus the @emailaddress.com information)
- Password: Type in the password for the Account name provided in step 4 to log into the SMTP server
- MailTo Name 1-4: Type in the name of the person who you wish the emails to go to. You can enter in up to 4 separate email names:
- Mail Address 1-4: Type in the email addresses of the people you wish the emails to go to from step 6.
- Event Notification Configuration: Select the level for the event notification. In general setting this setting to Warning Error Notifications will
- Checkmark the Confirm This Operation and then click on Submit.
Email notifications will now be sent to the supplied email boxes in the event of a failure on the RAID array.