Error Message :
If more than 16 characters are entered into the Service Manager (SMGR) Dialog password field, the Dialog crashes when starting a process from Service Manager.
- Start a Service Manager Dialog
- On the Top left site of the Window where the symbol for the Service Manager Dialog is displayed, click and choose "Change Password" from the menu
- Now enter the password e.g.: 1234567890123456
- Close the dialog and reopen it
- Now start a process – e.g.: one WP --> a pop-up for entering the password should be displayed
- Enter the following password 1234567890123456789012345678901 or 12345678901234567890123456789012 --> after this the ServiceManagerDialog will crash and a Windows Dump will be created
Root Cause: The ServiceManager Dialog accepts a password longer than 16 characters but crashes due to it
This field was added on 30/03/2017. This article has not been updated yet. Refer to the "Description" or "Workaround" sections for solution information.
Fix Status: Released
Automation Engine 12.0.1 - Available
Automation Engine 11.2.4 - Available
Automation Engine 11.1.5 – Available
Do not enter a password longer than 16 characters.