A SD job sent to an agent fails with the following error:
"This package has consistency check enabled and has been tampered with at the server. [SDM228429]"
"Job execution error. Native OS error: 2 - The system cannot find the file specified.. [SDM228481]"
This problem occurs for some packages. The deletion and recreation of the SD package does not solve the problem. This problem occurs only on agents connected directly to the Domain Manager.
This problem occurs when these 4 conditions are true:
- The CA ITCM Agent is connected directly to the Domain Manager (and not via a Scalability Server).
- The following parameter is set to False in the Computer Policy applied on Domain Manager (by default it is TRUE):
DSM/Software Delivery/Shared/Software Library access: Use symbolic links
- The following parameter is set to No in the Computer Policy applied on Domain Manager (by default it is Yes):
DSM/Software Delivery/Shared/NOS: NOS-less agents attached
- The SD package contains one or more files with the Read-Only attribute.
There are 2 possible solutions:
- Set the parameter "DSM/Software Delivery/Shared/Software Library access: Use symbolic links" to TRUE on the Domain Manager.
or if the above parameter should not be changed.
- Remove the "Read Only" attribute for all files in the package.
- Open file library.dct with a text editor. The file is located in the library folder (Default path - C:\Program Files\CA\DSM\SD\ASM\LIBRARY\). If the library path has been changed the path can be checked in the configuration policy by running the following command: ccnfcmda -cmd getparametervalue -ps itrm/usd/shared -pn archive.
- Search for the package with problem in library.dct in order to determine the arc path (Eg: 8E2382E4-5205-4D86-93D3-0CA50696009A.arc).
- Open a DOS prompt and execute this:
cd <path to library obtained on the first step>\<path_found.arc>
attrib -R /S
On the ITCM Domain Manager, sd_taskm.exe (Task Manager) copies the package under C:\Program Files\CA\DSM\SD\ASM\LIBRARY\activate fodler.
Then sd_server.exe (SD Server) should again do a copy. As files already exist, it tries to overwrite them. But, this fails for files with Read-Only Attribute.
Therfore, this problem does not occur for agents reporting to Scalability servers (as there is no sd_taskm.exe process on a Scalability Server). And it does not occur if "Software Library access: Use symbolic links" is set to True.