|When we try to connect to the broker nothing happens. we don't get the window that should pop up to collect brokername and login credentials. |
We tried to uninstall SCM Workbench using Control Panel -> Uninstall, and got an error message:
Error etpki UnInstallation failed with error code: 3
CA Harvest SCM v12.x and up
Windows 7, 8 and 10
Found that we had an incomplete installation of SCM Workbench Only client. Root cause is that our PATH environment variable was too long.
To resolve we did the following:
1. Made a backup copy of the current PATH environment variable, then changed it to be the minimum necessary for Windows to function:
2. We found that Control Panel -> Uninstall was not successfully uninstalling the client. Instead, we went to the setup.exe installer program, executed that and selected the "Repair" option. Then rebooted.
3. We went back to the setup.exe installer program, executed that again and selected the "Remove" option. This time the software was more completely uninstalled. Then rebooted.
4. Finally we went back to the setup.exe installer program again and installed the SCM Workbench Only Client. This time we got a complete installation. Rebooted one more time.
5. Restored the PATH environment variable to its original setting, adding to the beginning:
C:\PROGRA~2\CA\SC\etpki\lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SharedComponents\PEC\bin;
And to the end of the path:
;C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\Cryptography\;C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SCM