Detailed Description and Symptoms
1. Scheduled tasks are not starting on time after an upgrade of the Automic System.
2. All scheduled objects (ex.: Schedules, recurring tasks, etc) are in status: "Waiting for start time".
3. A newly created object will execute immediately.
4. A check of the objects shows that the objects have the correct start time assigned and calendars.
5. System time of host in UserInterface is correct.
An update of Automic System that included these steps:
a. Creation a new database
b. The unload of all data from old Automic database using the Utilities
c. The unloaded data has been loaded into the new database using the Automic Utilities.
If the Automic system is not using UTC time, a time zone has not been asssigned to Client 0000 and/or other Clients. Once a time zone has assigned, the scheduled objects/tasks should start.
The explanation for this is:
When data is unloaded from one Automic database using the Utilities and loaded into another Automic database - this is accomplished using a Transport Case.
When TimeZone objects loaded into a Automic database from a Transport Case, they are not automatically re-applied to the Clients. Since all Automic components (Server processes, Agents, database, etc.) use UTC time internally, this time is used by Clients if not time zone is assigned.
This is why the timezone objects have to be assigned to the Clients again after the system is started.