How do I access the sandbox or submit a sandbox request?
The sandbox server is used by some customers to test various setups, integrations with other software, and work models.
- To access the sandbox environment, open a browser and enter https://sandbox.rallydev.com/slm/login.op.
- From there, enter your subscription credentials.
- If you employ SSO in your production subscription, you will need to use your full login name (ex: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The entire subscription will be refreshed/updated, there currently is not an option to pick and choose individual workspaces.
Depending on your network infrastructure and proxy rules, you may need to add the Sandbox IP addresses to your corporate whitelist. We recommend using DNS names, not addresses. If this situation applies to your company, add the following IP addresses to your whitelist:
There's no contractual uptime agreements or SLAs for the Sandbox environment. However, we have an operational working agreement to keep Sandbox up during business hours (8 AM – 5 PM Mountain time, Monday-Friday) and to avoid downtime prior to 6 PM (Mountain) unless absolutely necessary. We make our best effort to avoid downtime during peak business hours.
Before you initiate a Sandbox request, be aware of the following guidelines:
- You must have either an Unlimited or an Enterprise edition subscription. Community and Express edition and Trials are not eligible for this service.
- Your subscription administrators must make the request by opening a case.
- You are limited to one sandbox refresh per quarter year, totaling four refreshes in a year, including the initial request for a sandbox.
- Sandbox initial creation and sandbox refresh requests can take up to 10 business days (M-F) to complete.
- The entire subscription will be refreshed - it will be an exact copy of all of their production data. Individual items cannot be done at this time.
- Due to the nature of the refresh and number of times it can be done per year, Sandbox environments will be different from Production environments.
- Sandbox is only available for the US (rally1) subscription data, it is not present for EMEA (eu1) subscriptions.