This document provides some basic sample scripts that can be used to test the Support Automation Automated Task functionality
This document provides a selection of scripts that can be imported into Support Automation through the Support Automation Task Editor. Once they have been uploaded into Support Automation an Analyst can then run the task during an automated session.
In order to use the tasks:
- Extract the zip file attached to this document.
- Log into the Support Automation Task Editor (this assumes it has already been configured)
- Go to "File" and "Open" and browse to the desired script
- Once opened click on the 7th icon on the top of the menu, which looks like a Floppy Disk with an arrow", this will upload to the Support Automation server
- You will need to specify a "Classification" for the Task, if one doesn't exist you can create a Classification.
- Complete the Upload
- Once the Task if uploaded you can then log into Service Desk Manager with an Administrator account, and then go to "Security and Role Management" and "Support Automation Access Level", open the desired Access Level, and associate the Automated Task to that Access Level.
- Now when an Analyst with that Access Level connects to a Support Automation session they will have access to the Task
Please be aware, though the sample scripts are all fully functional they are only provided for demonstrative purposes only, and are therefore provided "as is".
Creation of new scripts or altering of the sample scripts is not supported by CA Support.