Error Message :
During big daily job/batch execution, the RWP consistently goes to 100% within the System Overview --> Automation Engine tab view and leads to delays of jobs & workflows.
1) Determine how many jobs & workflows are using Sync, Calculates Calendar object, max parallel, Console Event and File System events.
OS Version: N/A
Root Cause: The RWP is single threaded and only one RWP can exist on the Automation Engine environment. The RWP handles the following items:
- Checks Sync objects
- Calculates Calendar objects
- Maximum number of simultaneous object executions
- Events of type "Console"
- Automatic FileSystem events
- Deadlock avoidance
Depending on how many syncs, calculation of calendar objects, max paralleled etc... is being calculated at one time. The RWP will be be shown at 100%, which indicate that it is working at max capacity.
- Reduce the amount of Sync being utilized and use Queues instead.
- Reduce the amount of File System & Console event type
- Reduce the amount of max parallel being used
- Install Automation Engine(AE) version 10 Hotfix 10 - to help improve performance of sync.
Performance has been improved in AE v10 Hotfix 10 when huge amounts of syncs are used, which caused the high utilization of the RWP and led to the delayed job-starts.
Fix Status: No Fix