In a CA Spool (E)MAS running in a sysplex shared file system environment what files and directories can be shared and which cannot be shared by the CA Spool instances?
Besides this question, there is a need to separate the files that are created by the expansion of the TAR files (D2ETAR, D2ENGTAR) from volatile data or data that has been customized.
The files located in the engine, cmaptables, icutables and resources directories come from TAR files restore and usually do not require customization.
The files found in the engine folder are new builds and correspond to engine versions; they are the result of D2ENGTAR file expansion which are processed by sample JCL cai.CBQ4JCL member BQ4JJTAX.
Files that require customization are found in two places:
- in the ../config directory as *.d2esys names; known files are X2YY.d2esys and X2YYsftf.d2esys
- in the ../apps directory as *.d2eproj and *.d2emfct names
The input, output, reports and apps directories can be updated during transformation processing.
- reports directory:
- system.log which name is defined in file ../config/X2YY.d2esys
- debug.out which name is defined in file ../config/debug-IO.config
- *.rpt files
- apps directory:
- temporary ULnnnnnn.d2eproj files are built for USERLIB support
It could make three separate file systems for "config", "workspace", and "TAR content".
For example, member CAIQENVA content in the Java FSS task will have the following statements (not all listed):
The recommendation for mounting and sharing the different file systems and folder is as follows.
- apps must be mounted read/write because of ULxxxxxx.d2eproj files for USERLIB support and soft font support; nnnnnn in ULnnnnnn names represent the CA Spool file sequence number and should be unique in a (E)MAS; MFCT_ENQ=SYSTEMS will take care of MFCT files when they get updated; can be shared
- input must be mounted read/write; can be shared
- output must be mounted read/write; can be shared
- reports must be mounted read/write; can be shared
In addition to the *.rpt transformation reports which are allocated when TRANSFRM option R is active, the reports directory will contain two additional files:
- The system.log file which name is defined in a *.d2esys file and the path is derived from the directory where file *.d2esys is found; this file is allocated during the Java FSS initialization phase.
- The debug.out file which is allocated when the DEBUG statement in CAIQENVA in uncommented; the path must be customized in file debug-IO.config in the config directory or it can be redefined by defining a symbolic link with the Unix command ln.. DEBUG should be uncommented for debugging purpose only.
TEMPDS_DISP=KEEP makes files to be kept in the input, output and reports directories.
TEMPDS_DISP=KEEP and TRANSFRM option R should be used for debugging purpose only.
To make the name of the system.log files unique for each instance of Spool in a (E)MAS with the minimal change the recommendation is to create a symbolic link to the system.log.
For example, with the definitions shown above:
ln -s '$SYSSYMA/shared/usr/lpp/caspool/workspace/reports/&SYSNAME..system.log' /shared/usr/lpp/caspool/config/JT/reports/system.log
where $SYSSYMA is a tag that tells USS to substitute the variable.
Please, refer to the CA Spool Java Transformers Administration Guide for a complete information about the Java Transformers, and IBM z/OS UNIX System Services File System Interface Reference, IBM z/OS UNIX System Services Command Reference and IBM z/OS UNIX System Services Planning for a documentation about the z/OS File Systems and OMVS commands.