rsp probe process monitoring alarms are creating too many tickets:
"Expected state Running not same as Stopped"
- UIM v8.5.1
- rsp v5.30
- UIM-Spectrum integration
- Spectrum v10..2.1 to 10.2.3
- rsp configuration adjusments
- Scalability limits
Please configure rsp with the settings below:
- Max data collection threads to 300
- Running threads Exit timeout to 180
- WMI Retry Delay set to 1200
- WMI Connection timeout set to 600
- Command timeout to 120
The above settings can be adjusted if needed after trying these parameter values.
- If a single or small set of profiles/machines fails intermittently, try deleting those machines from the rsp instance and deploy another rsp probe instance and add them to it. You may also find that after a restart the set of profiles that fails changes but remains close to the same overall number of failed profiles.
- I highly recommend changing the settings on all machines where rsp is installed and keeping the number of profiles at 200 or less. You may also try a higher total number of profiles, but this is the formula I've successfully used many times in the past for several customers to avoid either failed profiles or unwanted frequent alarms.