Getting ROS094E AND ROS060E when starting Roscoe after upgrading z/OS. How to resolve this?
ROS094E: ROSGBL INITIALIZATION FAILED - UNSUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEM ROS094E AND ROS060E When Starting CA Roscoe After Upgrading z/OS
ROS060E: ROSX MODULE GBLINIT FAILED - ATTACH JOB PROCESSOR HAS BEEN DISABLED
These messages indicate a problem with the ROSGBL assembly. Roscoe will still come up and run but the ATTACH JOB, CONSOLE and DISPLAY monitors that require the information from the ROSGBL will be disabled.
To resolve this problem
- Check for required CA Roscoe maintenance for your new level of z/OS. Frequently there is a new ROSGBL. All required maintenance is needed and can be applied before upgrading the z/OS level. Make sure you are specifying the correct parameters for MVSSPL and JESSPL. These will be specified in the APAR for the correct ROSGBL.
- Assemble the ROSGBL and ROJEST2XT with the new z/OS libraries. Note that they cannot be installed before the actual z/OS upgrade. To prepare the ROSGBL and ROSJES2XT ahead of time, please see TEC492317 I would like to upgrade CA Roscoe ahead of the z/OS upgrade? Can I do it?
You can find out about the maintenance required on support.ca.com:
For detailed information including instructions you may view the compatibilities on support.ca.com by following these instructions:
- Select the Menu at the upper left.
- Click on the Compatibilities icon
- At the right side, click on z/OS Compatibility
- In the Search By Product Name box, start typing ros
- Scroll down to see your level of z/OS. This will give you complete information and instructions.
NOTE: Only currently supported releases of z/OS are shown. There will always be required maintenance for Roscoe for every genlevel.
- Apply the required maintenance
- Reassemble the ROSGBL
- JES2 clients should update ROSGBL2 in RO60OPT and reassemble ROSGBL using MRO6010
- JES3 clients should update ROSGBL3 and reassemble ROSGBL using MRO6011.
- JES2 users must reassemble ROJES2XT using MRO6029, to enable users to print the files from a job file to different destinations.
- JES3 local users must use MRO6015. When you assemble it, the load module will be linkedited into the Roscoe load library.
- You will have to copy ROJES2XT from the RO60LIN, the Roscoe load library, to a linklisted load library.