Installing robot on Debian Linux.
UIM: 8.3 and 8.4
Debian Linux 6.x and 7.x
- Copy a native robot 32-bit and 64-bit installers (nimsoft-robot+debian_i386.deb for 32bit and nimsoft-robot+debian_amd64.deb for 64bit) to /opt directory.
- Prepare an answer or temporary file (nms-robot-vars.cfg) with following information under /opt directory. File name must and should be nms-robot-vars.cfg
Note: Please do not give any space between the parameter and value.
- Execute the following command, where <OS> is debian or ubuntu and <arch> is i386 or amd64
- Run “dpkg -i nimsoft-robot+<OS>_<arch>.deb”
- Configure the robot after the installer exits.
- cd /opt/nimsoft/install
- chmod –R 775 /opt/nimsoft
- Start the robot and Ignore the “No such file” messages below as it looks for /etc/nimbus.conf file.
- Delete the robot manually (Right click on robot name and then click on ‘remove’) if still exists in the IM.
By default Debian v6 uses the address 127.0.1.1 as the name resolution address. Add the following line to the robot.cfg file if it not there with actual ip address.
robotip = ip_address
Where ip_address is the desired IP address that the robot should bind to on the target machine.