Resource Planning Portlets such as Resource Workloads and Weekly Detail do not show overallocation in red for resources who are at a low over allocation when Display Type is Column Graph.
Steps to Reproduce:
Prerequisite: Datamart Extraction job may need to be run if it hasn't been run recently to populate data in the Time Scale.
1. Create a new resource in PPM via Home->Resources->New with Availability of 8.00. Run the Time Slicing job to ensure Resource Availability is updated
2. Create a new project (Home->Projects->New) with Start date of 9/1/16 and Finish date of 10/31/16
3. Go to the Team tab for the project and add the resource created in step 1 to the project
4. Click on the properties icon for the resource and change the Default Allocation to 105%, then click 'Save and Return'
5. Navigate to Home->Resource Management->Resource Planning then go to the Weekly Detail portlet
6. Select the Options icon, Configure, then select 'Fields' under 'List Column Section'
7. Click the properties icon next to 'Allocation' with Display Type of 'Time Scaled Value' to modify the TSV
8. For 'Value Attributes', under 'Selected', ensure that only Allocation is listed
9. Change 'Display Type' to 'Column Graph'
10. Under Time Scale:
a. Change 'Start Date' to 'Specific Date' of '9/1/2016'
b. Change 'Time Scale' to 'Month'
11. Click 'Save and Return' then 'Save and Return' again
12. In the 'Weekly Detail' filter, change 'Approved' to All, and filter for the resource created in step 1
13. Observe the results in the Time Scale Value. Note: If you hover over the cell for September 2016 for the test project, you see Allocation = 184.80 and Availability = 176 which meets the resource is overallocated by 8.80 hours
Expected Results: September 2016 and October 2016 both have red in the TSV to indicate overallocation
Actual Results: Only October 2016 shows red to reflect overallocation
Note: If you increase the over allocation by changing allocation for the month of September to a higher amount such as 189 then it will correctly show red on the chart then.
To see this:
1. From the Weekly Details portlet, double click on the yellow for the month of September for the resource, which will take you to the 'Resource-Labor: resource allocation' page for the resource
2. Double click on the TSV cell for Sep 2016 for the resource and change the allocation to 189
3. Click Save, then Return
4. Now you'll see the resource correctly reflecting over allocation for Sep 2016