A Resource Manager can be updated with an inactive resource via XOG.
In the application you cannot select an inactive resource as manager because when you browse, only active resources are displayed for selection.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Resource Object, Audit Trail: "manager" is audited when changes occur
- Assign a manager to a resource via UI, for example Administrator, Clarity. Notice that when you browse, only active resources can be selected
- XOG out that resource using rsm_resources_read.xml
- Edit the xml file and change the manager to one that is not active
- XOG back in the resource
- Check the resource manager
Expected Result: Resource manager should not be updated with an inactive resource. XOG should generate an error.
Actual Result: Resource manager was updated with an inactive resource. The XOG out does not generate any error or warning.
Applies to all supported PAS environments for specified releases.
Caused by CLRT-73480
CLRT-73480 is closed and marked "Not a Bug". XOG is working as expected and the described 'Expected Result' is incorrect.
When using XML Open Gateway (XOG) to create or update a Resource, the expected behavior is to allow an inactive resource as the Resource Manager. The use-case for allowing this to happen through XOG and not through the application user interface is for the scenario to load data from another source into the CA PPM application.