Resources time scaled allocation is not displaying when a project is marked inactive. You can edit the allocation in a tsv and it will save, you just cannot see it.
This is a display issue in any portlet that supports resource allocation in a timescale view.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create a project
- Create a resource
- Assign the resource to the project with default allocation of 0.00
- Go to the team detail view
- Change the tsv to display monthly
- Enter 50 hours in Dec and Jan
- Go to the team properties view and note you have an allocation segment for 12/1/2011 to 1/31/2012
- Now mark the project inactive
- Go back to the detail view and note you do not see the 50 hours in Dec or Jan
- Change to edit mode and type in 25 hours in Jan
- Go to the team properties view and note you now have two allocation segments for 12/1/2011-12/31/2011 and 1/1/2012- 1/31/2012
Expected Result: When a project is inactive you should still see the resource allocation in a TSV
Actual Result: In the allocation TSV the allocation is blank
This has been documented as CLRT-65828
Product Management has reviewed this issue and has marked it as an ENHANCEMENT. The idea will be reviewed for consideration in a future release.
REASON: Data Provider was never designed to work with inactive investments. Having this additional data in the slices will impact the performance of the application.
Keywords: CLARITYKB, CLRT-65828, erq, time scaled value, varying, allocation, inactive project, resource, values.