Many organizations use Microsoft Project with CA PPM, this documents explains which need to be done in order to make a successful Microsoft Project (MSP) add-in/plugin installation.
Which are the prerequisites to install Microsoft Project (MSP) add-in/plugin for CA PPM Version 14.2
CA PPM 14.2 release.
First of all we need to have the proper Microsoft Project version, for 14.2 release the supported Microsoft Project Versions are the following.
Microsoft Project 2010 SP2, 2013, and 2013 SP1 32-bit & 64-bit, all editions.
You will need also the following third-party software products installed:
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (For 32-bit and 64-bit Operating Systems - dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe)
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime (For 32-bit Operating System - vstor40_x86.exe, For 64-bit Operating System - vstor40_x64.exe)
- This is only for Microsoft Project 2010: Microsoft Project 2010 Hotfix Package, Microsoft Project Cumulative Update June 2012, or Microsoft Project 2010 Service Pack 2.
Note: Restart your computer after you install these products.
Also Make sure that the system has the following configuration before install:
- Choose option 'Enable all macros option' in Microsoft Project.
- Clear the option 'Do not save encrypted pages to disk' in Internet Explorer.
For more information about how to configure this items check CA PPM Project Management User Guide.
Once you completes all the above procedures, you will be able to install Microsoft Project (MSP) add-in/plugin, if for some reasons you are not able to install it, contact CA support for more info.
Unable to open projects in new MSP Driver