The requirement name of a resource cannot be edited in the Clarity UI, but it is editable in OWB. Once the resource name is edited, the requirement name gets overwritten with this same name in OWB. Once the project is saved back to Clarity, the Team tab will still show the original resource name. However, all of the assignments for this same resource on this one project will show the new name that was entered in OWB.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create a project in Clarity
- Add a resource to the Team, John Smith
- Create a Task and assign the resource, John Smith, to the task
- Export the project to OWB
- Click on the Resource Name for John Smith in OWB and attempt to change it to a different name, Jane Doe
Expected Result: The Requirement Name should not be updating for resources.
Actual Result: The Resource Name is editable. The Resource Name now shows as Jane Doe. Once you click away, the Requirement Name updates to show Jane Doe as well.
Applies to CA PPM 13.2.0, 13.3.0, 14.1, 14.2, 14.3
Caused by CLRT-78654
This is currently under review by our Development team for a resolution.