Reprints from CA Dispatch are not showing up in the JES queue for print.
z/OS with JES2 or JES3
There are a number of things that need to be checked to determine why the reprints are not showing up in JES.
- If you are reprinting from Archive, an entry for the report will be shown on the VARMI300-Report Retrieval Queue Screen (option A.3 from the main menu) until it gets process by the Extract subtask of CA Dispatch:
VARMI300---------------- Report Retrieval Queue Screen ---------------------
|------- Reprint Overrides -------|
Opt T R Report Jobname Report Jobname Recipient Volser Seq
==> _ P N MYREPORT MYJOB ** ALL ** 123456 1
You must ensure the EXTRACT subtask is ACTIVE in order to process the above request. To check the status of the EXTRACT subtask, access the VOPMI100-Subtask Status Screen (Option 8.1) and verify that the EXTRACT task is active. If its not, start it from the VOPMI100 screen by tabbing down and typing the appropriate START command ('S' - to start INTERNALLY or 'X' -to start EXTERNALLY) next to the EXTRACT task.
- For the 'initial' phase of a reprint from OLV or Archive, CA Dispatch will write a dataset out to the JES spool using the REPORT REPRINT Class and Destination as defined on the VSGMU105 screen (option 9.0). These 'initial' reprint datasets must be picked back up and reprocessed by CA Dispatch before they are actually printed.
Access the VSGMU105 screen (option 9.0) and verify that the CLASS and DEST criteria defined for REPORT REPRINTs specifically matches the same CLASS and DEST criteria as one of the INPUT subtasks (RPI1, RPI2 or RPI3).
- Before these 'initial' reprint dataset can be processed by the CA Dispatch RPI tasks, they must first be pulled in out of the JES spool by the SAPI task that processes this class/destination.
First, verify that the main CADZSPLx address space is active.
Then, check the status of the various SAPI tasks by issuing operator command F SPLx,STAT X. Select the CADZSPLx task, scroll to the bottom and look for an RPI task that is defined with the REPORT REPRINT class/destination and ensure that it is active by verifying the SAPI column of the display shows as 'UP' for that particular RPI task.
CADD226I SPL1 Task Class Dest Intercept SAPI Initial
CADD026I SPL1 RPI1 G Down Down Dynamic
CADD026I SPL1 RPI2 Y LOCAL Down Up Dynamic
CADD026I SPL1 ARCH X Down Down Dynamic
If any of the SAPI tasks show as 'UP' you should be able to see a CADZSAPx address space present in the system. If the SAPI column for all of the RPI tasks show as 'DOWN', you are going to have to START the appropriate SAPI task by accessing the CA Dispatch VOPMI100-Subtask Status Screen (Option 8.1), tabbing down next to the correct SAPIRPIx task and typing an 'S' next to it.
- When the 'initial' reprint entry gets pulled in from JES by the SAPI task, it must then be processed by the appropriate CA Dispatch RPI subtask. If the RPI subtask that processes this class/destination is not ACTIVE, the report will stay in the RIDF RPI queue, with type OLVR or EXTR if the reprint is from OLV or Archive respectively, as shown below.
VOPMI200---------------- Report Input Display Facility -----------------------
COMMAND ==> Data Center: MVSXE30
X1 Subtask Status X2 Active Bundles
Selection: Type ==> RPI Class ==> Dest ==>
Criteria : From: Date (mmddyyyy) ==> Time (hhmm) ==>
To: Date (mmddyyyy) ==> Time (hhmm) ==>
Opt Report Jobname Job # Date Time Pri Cl Dest Hold Type
==> _ MYREPORT MYJOB 9337 11/25/2015 13:23:42 128 Y LOCAL N EXTR
==> _ REPORT2 JOB2 9337 11/25/2015 13:34:38 128 Y LOCAL N OLVR
Ensure that the RPI subtask that processes the REPORT REPRINT class/destination is ACTIVE by accessing the VOPMI100-Subtask Status screen (option 8.1). If the VOPMI100 screen shows the STATUS for the RPI task as NOT ACTIVE, you are going to need to START it by tabbing down and typing an 'S' next to it.
- Once the report has been processed by the RPI subtask, a print bundle will be created which can initially be viewed on the VRDMU820-Active Bundles Status Screen (option 8.3) as shown below.
VRDMU820------------------ Active Bundles Status Screen ----------------------
X1 Subtask Status X2 RIDF
Actual Maximum-Limit Rlse TOD
Opt Bundle Maildrop C Dest Stat Pages Time Pages Time (HHMMSS)
==> _ A4DA7NA0 MD-D Z OPEN 1 10000 120
==> _ A4DA7NA1 MD-E Z OPEN 1 10000 120
Bundles viewable on the VRDMU820 screen represent printable output that CA Dispatch has not yet written to the JES spool. As each bundle is generated, it is checked against the defined MAILDROP bundling parameters. The bundle is written to JES for printing by the CA Dispatch RPO subtask as soon as either the MAX TIME or MAX PAGES limit is exceeded. Or, unless you have a specific BUNDLE RELEASE FLAG setting at the report recipient level that causes the bundle to be released before either MAX value is met.
The VRDMU820 screen also allows you to MANUALLY close and release bundles to the JES spool for print. To close and RELEASE an active OPEN bundle to the JES spool, tab down next to the desired bundle and type an 'R' next to it. Note that the STATUS of the bundle will change from OPEN to READY where it is then available to the RPO subtask to write the output to JES.
- Once the bundle has a status of READY and is available to the RPO subtask, you need to make sure that the RPO subtask of CA Dispatch is ACTIVE in order for the bundle to be written out to the JES spool. Access the VOPMI100-Subtask Status screen (option 8.1) and hit PF8 to see the RPO task. If the VOPMI100 screen shows the STATUS for the RPO task as NOT ACTIVE, you are going to need to START it by tabbing down and typing an 'S' next to it.
When the bundle is no longer viewable on the VRDMU820 screen, it has been written out to JES for PRINT. If you go out to the JES queue to see if the report is there, remember that the JOBNAME that appears on the print dataset will be that of the CA Dispatch started task. Not the original jobname that the report was created from.
- If you've checked all of the above items and you didn't see an active bundle or still didn't get a PRINT dataset spooled out to JES, then the likely cause of not getting the reprint is that PAGE SELECTION was invoked and none of the reprinted pages met the page selection criteria that was coded for the recipient on their VRDMU140 screen.