Report Server for CA Workload Automation ESP Edition System (3) - Problem Diagnoses
CA WA ESP Edition 11.4 Z/OS
When there is a problem with Report Server:
- Set RServerLogLevel to 9 to capture debug data in Report Server STC;
- Related CA WA ESP Edition STC JESMSGLG should also be checked for any error messages.
Example errors and solutions
- Can't start the Report Server and in CA WA ESP JESMSGLG:
ESP3883E Unable to find password matching DB2USER,RSERVER,-,RC=4
ESP6945I Report Server is now inactive
Solution: Use PASSWORD command to define user DB2USER with its password and TYPE SERVER.
- Report Server shows Active and Disconnected, and following shows in CA WA ESP JESMSGLG:
ESP2215E Connect(2),->127.0.0.1:6170, Connection Refused
ESP6933E Errror connecting to Report Server
Solution: Check if the port on RSERVER START command is the same port defined on RServerPort.
- Report Server can't be started, and its STDERR shows error:
EspMessageInDbPassword: Cannot start DB Manager:EspExceptionSQLConnectionFailed: .jcc..t4..2057..11264..3.61.84. The application server rejected establishment of the connection.
An attempt was made to access a database, DB2DB, which was either not found or does not support transactions. ERRORCODE=-4499, SQLSTATE=08004 SQLState=08004 ErrorCode=-4499 Method=EspDBManager.getConnection
Solution: Correct the RServerDbName, it should be the LOCATION name for mainframe DB2.
- "OPER RSERVER STATUS" shows error "ESP6937E Invalid message keyword ERROR received from Report Server".
Solution: One Report Server can ONLY be used by one CA WA ESP system. If it's linked to one CA WA ESP system, then linked to another one; then it will not be linked to the first one any more. And message ESP6937E will be issued for the command "OPER RSERVER STATUS" from first CA WA EE system.