DE44894 is expected to be fixed in our upcoming PPM 15.5.1 release.
On PPM 15.5.1, when a ROLE is selected for the replacement action, the Staff Project Role and the Task Assignment Role is updated to match the role selected.
However, when a RESOURCE or TEAM is selected for the replacement action, the Staff Project Role and the Task Assignment Role is NOT updated to match the selected Resource or Team's designated primary role.This will remain the same as the current behavior on PPM 15.5 and previous releases.
After the user has selected a new role to replace the existing staff member, the user can go into Classic and perform the following steps to update all assignment roles. Note that the project role will not be updated with these steps.
1. Staff a Project Manager role to the project and assign the role to some tasks.
2. Replace the Project Manager with a Network Engineer role.
3. Open the project in Classic, go to the Team Tab
4. Checkmark/select the new Role 'Network Engineer'
5. Go to the upper right corner and click on '[Actions]
6. Click Assignment Roles
7. Change from Project Manager to Network Engineer
With the current functionality, users cannot see Task Assignment Roles in the modern UI. The only place they can see the Task Assignment Roles is in Classic on the Task Assignment pages.