8.2 - 8.47
In these versions you need to obtain the cs_key for each device you wish to remove and then use a discover_server callback to remove them
Get the cs_key Values from the Database
To get the cs_key value you first need to query the CM_COMPUTER_SYSTEM table.
To query by name, use the following query
SELECT name,ip,origin,cs_key FROM CM_COMPUTER_SYSTEM WHERE name = '<hostname>' OR dns_name = '<hostname>';
To query by IP address, use the following query
SELECT name,ip,origin,cs_key FROM CM_COMPUTER_SYSTEM WHERE ip = '<ip>';
If you are removing a duplicate device, make sure you properly identify the duplicate you want to eliminate. For example, if you identify the expected host and/or IP, and it has the expected/correct hostname or device name and system info associated with it, then you can be sure that you have isolated the duplicate.
Execute the probe utility callback
From Infrastructure Manager on your primary hub server perform the following steps to remove the device.
- Select the discovery_server probe and press Ctrl-P from your keyboard
- On the probe command set select 'remove_master_devices_by_cskeys'
- On the bottom of the probe utility GUI you will see the csKeys input box, on this input box place each affected device's "cs_key" separated by commas. For example: 576aefd5-bcea-4ecf-89d4-dd119738405a,576f9e26-4a51-4bb1-9a6e-c722ab56bf43,57bdd946-cc70-4db0-9f09-82536a559753
- Press the green play button on the probe utility and it will execute the command.
8.51 and above
Starting in version 8.51 we have added this functionality into USM to make to process much simpler.
- In USM select Inventory in tree view
- Use the Quick filter to find the devices you wish to remove
- Tick the checkbox beside the desired devices
- Note that once you have selected a device the Inventory Actions button turns blue
- click the actions button and select "Delete Selected"
- Confirm the deletion options
- Prevent rediscovery
- With this selected the device will not be rediscovered even if the probe still sends data to the bus
- Acknowledge alarms
- With this selected all open alarms for the device will be acknowledged
- Delete measurements
- With this selected all associated metrics for this device will be removed
- Click OK to delete the required devices