How to uninstall\ re-install Scalability server without losing staging software.
CA Client Automation - All Versions
- Backup the CONTENTS of: '% sdroot% ASM \Library' directory
- Uninstall the Scalability Server component
- Delete the Scalability Server's Agent record from 'DSM Explorer\Domain\Computers and Users\All Computers':
- Delete the Scalability Server record from 'DSM Explorer\Domain\Control Panel\Scalability Servers\All Scalability Servers':
- Reinstall the Scalability Server component
- Copy the contents of saved Library contents to the new Library folder
('% sdroot% ASM \ Library')
- Perform a 'cserver register ?a' and 'caf register all' to register the newly installed SS.
- Once the SS is back and functioning under All Computers and All Scalability Servers, deploy the procedure: 'Synchronize Software Staging Library' from: 'Software Package Library\DSM Software Packages\CA DSM Scalability Server\Procedures' to the Scalability Server's agent. This will populate the database with the records of what's in the Staging Library so that all the packages do not have to be restaged and are now ready for deployment to agents.